Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Osi Still Wants New Contract


Even though the Giants just won the Superbowl, there are still questions that are going to have to be answered this offseason.  Do the Giants keep defensive end Osi Umenyiora and sign him to a new deal or trade him?  Well, Osi has said many times that he wants be a Giant for life, but that he wants to get paid what he's worth. Understandable. Without Osi, I think we still have an awesome defensive line flanked by JPP and Justin Tuck.  But, with Osi, I think we have the best D-line in the league.  Why would we want to break that up?  We just won the fucking Superbowl. Sure, he did hold out before this season, and he was a bit banged up throughout the year and missed the entire 08' season, but, 12 1/2 sacks in 13 games this year (including postseason) should be enough proof that we should hold onto him.  He learned his lesson after opening his mouth and holding out and vows to shut up and not be a distraction anymore.

It seems like he learned his lesson after last year when he came off as the bad guy.  He says, “No strategy, man. I’m just going to be really quiet, that’s for sure. I could see things going either way. Honestly I could see where they would want to keep me, I could see where they would want to trade me. I am going into the last year of my deal, so they might want to get some value back. Hopefully I’ll be able to stay here and finish out my career, but it’s a business and they’re going to do what’s best for them, and I have to try to do what’s best for me.”


Hey Jerry Reese, lock up Osi so we can lock up another Superbowl.  Who cares if he likes to give Cleveland Steamers.


No comments:

Post a Comment