Monday, February 15, 2016

White Men CAN Jump


I caught this on Sportscenter late last night after eating a whole Qdoba burrito, three donuts from Dunkin and watching half a season of Game of Thrones.  That's what I did on my Valentine's Day***.




His name is Jordan Kilganon and that was the Scorpian dunk.  His job?


Yes, that says professional dunker.  And the dude can back it up.  Check out this "Lost and Found" dunk:




Pretty cool.  Am I back into basketball now?  Probably not.  But, this a big moment for white guys of average height and athleticism who used to lower the hoop in their driveway when they were growing up just so they can dunk the ball. Yup, that was me. And I was nasty with the off-the-backboard jam on an 9-foot hoop.


Speaking of off-the-backboard dunks, here is your weekly reminder that you're old. And so is Tracy McGrady.  



Almost T-Mac.  Now, time to go play basketball in my kitchen like I'm 10 years old again.  Yes, it's the same hoop.  No, I am not ashamed.


****Can we call Valentines Day a bullshit holiday already? I will. If you need a socially designated day for you and your significant other to validate your "love" for each other, then there's something inherently wrong and artificial with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment