Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Devils Lose to Flyers, drunk fan throws shoe on ice



The Devils lost to the Flyers 6-3 last night.  It always sucks to lose to Philly, and I was at the game so it sucks that much more.  I knew it was bad news when I went to the bathroom right when I got to the arena and some guy clogged the toilet with a giant dump.  The Devils also took a giant dump.  And they NEVER win when they wear the throwback jerseys.

I think these may have actually been the best seats I've ever had at a Devils game:
Displaying IMG_1507.JPG
Displaying IMG_1507.JPG


I walked in to in right after the Gudas hit and match penalty. While his reputation definitely was a factor, I think the punishment fit the crime.  He simply had no reason to go out of his way and hit Farnham nowhere near the puck.  Scumbag move.




Also the reason I was a little late to the game was because of traffic on 280. Can you go anywhere in NJ without there being traffic? The answer is an emphatic NO.

Anyways, it's not like the Devils didn't have chances.  They went 1 for 7 on the power play. Special teams just came back down to earth, which is expected.  It would have been nearly impossible to keep the pace they were setting. 





The Blandisi dive? No words.  What was going through his head?  "Oh I'm getting slashed let me jump in the air and snap my head back to sell it."  Then lay on the ice like he's actually injured. C'mon dude. Embarrassing.  That belongs in soccer, not hockey. I will not be surprised if he is either scratched for the next game or even sent back to Albany, which is a shame because he has been really good in his short time so far with the Devils.  I have also been a huge supporter, but this was pure bush league.



Regardless of the outcome, I had a great time at the game.  We were sitting next to a couple bros who came down from Albany for the game.  As soon as I saw the River Rats jersey, I knew they were good in my book.  The one dude was so blunted that he was literally sleeping in his seat when the 2nd period started.  He finally woke up for the 3rd period and was HILARIOUS.  All he did was make weed references.  "The Flyers are mid-grade!" "Philly is schwag!"  


But the highlight of the game?  My friend, who shall remain nameless, throwing his shoe on the ice right when the game ended.   His girlfriend said he wouldn't do it, so of course he did it. Stuck the landing too!  




Also, I meant to write this blog during my lunch today at work, but I took a nap in my Jeep instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment