Monday, March 28, 2016

You could go to jail for walking and texting in NJ in a new proposed bill


I read this today, and I LOVE IT.  This is one of my biggest pet peeves.  Go anywhere in a public place and you're constantly dodging people who are staring at their phones instead of paying attention to where they are walking.  Inconsiderate much? People might as well walk around blindfolded. 

I actually purposely bump into people if they are walking by me and not paying attention because they are looking at their phone.  Teach 'em a little lesson to start paying attention.  Nothing crazy, just a shoulder bump, a little love tap.  Then I stand there with my best WTF face waiting for an apology. After all, they are the one not paying attention.  It's not like I do this all the time.  I usually base it on how much I hate their face.  Always judge a book by it's cover when you're doing this.

It's like hockey.  If you're skating down the ice with the puck with your head down, you're going to get lit up.  Laid out, bro.  And you totally deserve it, just like people walking with their eyes glued to their phone.  Always compare real-life situations to hockey.  Always.

What if I wanted to say hi to a stranger?  Maybe flash a smile at a cute girl walking by? Completely eliminates that possibility. Also, this is totally hypothetical because I literally never talk to strangers and try to avoid eye contact at all costs because I'm awkward, but it makes ya think!

Have we all been guilty of this before?  Of course.  But seriously, put down your damn phone while you're walking around in public.   Your stupid "bae" can wait two minutes for you to send those 27 emojis in a row.  It's all a delusion anyway, people.







No comments:

Post a Comment