Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Northeastern Hockey is on fire


I saw this tweet from ESPN's John Buccigross aka Bucci Mane tonight:





14-1-2 since December 19th, best in college hockey during that time.  I'm pretty sure Northeastern could beat the Devils right now.  I don't follow the Huskies as closely anymore now that I don't live in Boston, but it's great to see them back in the mix, now just outside the top 25.  Good article about them getting back on track before going on this run.

Some one my best memories from college were going to Northeastern hockey games.  Before you turned 21 and could go out to bars, that was the thing to do.  Matthews Arena. Cheap booze in water bottles. The Doghouse. The chants. The rivalries with BC and BU. Incredible atmosphere. I remember watching Cory Schneider play for BC when he was a senior and I was a freshman.  Pretty crazy.  Hopefully they will make some noise in the Hockey East playoffs.



If you ever want to really experience a college hockey game, go watch a Hockey East game at Matthews Arena.  So much history.  Built in 1910, it's the oldest indoor ice hockey arena still being used for hockey.  It's also the oldest multi-purpose athletic building still in use in the world.  It was even the original home of the Bruins.  Do yourself a favor, go to Boston for a weekend and catch a game there.  You won't regret it. Man do I miss college.

If Northeastern could only win the freaking Beanpot for once...


No comments:

Post a Comment