Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A little nap on your lunch break never hurts


It's Tuesday, so I'm already mentally checked-out from work for the week.  I've already had three cups of coffee.  But, for some reason I'm still tired.  Or, let's say hypothetically that I was drinking last night and I'm hungover. What's my solution?  Take a nap.  Yes, take naps at work, I highly recommend it.  I'm not saying you should do this everyday.  But if you're tired, it makes perfect sense.  What's the alternative?  Try to stay awake for the rest of the day?  Eff that.  Taking a nap in the middle of the day is a great thing:  you'll be more productive and in a better mood.  It's science.  

I know what you're thinking...

"I could never do that"

"Napping is frowned upon at work"

"Where would I even nap?"

Shut up and stop being high maintenance. 

Unless you have your own office, your car is a perfectly good napping haven.  Park it in the back corner of your parking lot, out of sight.  Set your alarm, put on some low, soothing music, recline your seat, throw on your sunglasses and close your eyes.  You're not here to take a 2 hour nap. I'm talking half hour type deal, you do have to go back to work, after all.  It just enough time to recharge your batteries for the afternoon.

DISCLAIMER:  5 out 10 times I actually end up being more tired because I really needed a two hour nap, but i'll take those odds.  

Sometimes I really wish I had the George Costanza set up...


No comments:

Post a Comment